Although drug-related charges made up the majority of the indictments returned by a Laurel grand jury on Friday, two people were charged with sex crimes involving minors.
A 76-year-old Williamsburg man is facing first-degree sexual abuse charges involving a 6-year-old child. Donnie Ray Petrey of Tackett Creek Drive is charged with subjecting the child to sexual interference, using coercion on two or more occasions between December 1, 2022 and February 23, 2023. The indictment states that the offenses were a “line of conduct.” His bail was set at $50,000 cash and he is to have no contact with the victim, no firearms, no drug or alcohol use and remain in home confinement.
A London man has been charged with sex offenses involving a 17-year-old. Terry Leon Napier, 45, of Middleground Way, is charged with the first degree rape of a person on October 8 just three weeks after his 17th birthday and first degree sexual abuse of the same person on February 15, 2023, after the individual was 17 years old. His bail was set at $50,000 in cash.
Other indictments referred include:
• Michael Wayne Sturgill, 52, of Taylor Bridge Road in London, is named in three separate indictments for grossly failing to support four children. Early Claims Sturgill has not made regular child support payments from September 16, 2005 to the present time. The second indictment accuses him of failing to regularly pay child support for another child from June 15, 2011 until today. The third indictment accuses him of failing to make regular payments for two children from April 12, 2018 to April 2023.
• Five people involved in a vehicle theft are now facing charges for their actions.
Michael Erin Toothman, 49, and Melissa Mae Toothman, 43, both of Hopkins Cemetery Road in London; Coby Shane Scalf, 46, of Walnut Road in Lily; Tommy Smith, 55, of Barbourville Road in London; and Jonathan Wayne Taylor, 42, of East Hwy. 55 in Keavy are all charged with receiving stolen goods over $1,000 on October 11 and concealing the identity of the vehicle. The vehicle was a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze which was not owned by either party.
Taylor is additionally charged with persistent first-degree felony and already has five felony convictions in Laurel County since 2014.
• William Ray Harrison, 24, of Riviera Lane, London – third degree burglary, first degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), possession of drug paraphernalia and public intoxication, on 12 January.
• Tyson Leo Mitchell, 50, of Long Lake Drive in Louisville – received stolen property over $10,000 for possessing $90,480 belonging to another person on February 7.
• Sandra Kimberly Lovins, 38, West City Dam Road in Corbin — first degree possession of controlled substances (meth); driving under the influence of intoxicants, signaling failure and unlit rear license plate, March 19.
• Justin R. Hunter, 34, NW Twiggs CV of Kennesaw, GA – first degree fleeing or avoiding police, first degree trafficking in controlled substances (cocaine), two counts of first degree gratuitous endangerment (cops) and second – Criminal mischief, following a March 17 chase in which he damaged a police cruiser.
• Miranda Leeann Baker, 35, also known as Miranda Frederick, and James William Moore, 40, both of Lily Road, London — first degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), second degree possession of a controlled substance (buprenorphine), possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, February 20, 2021.
• Bruce Lee Woods, 46, of Taylor Bridge Road in London — first-degree dealing in a controlled substance, methamphetamine; theft by illegal taking or alienation, greater than $500 but less than $1,000. He was arrested on March 27.
• Scott Bradley Wombles, 52, of West Laurel Road in London – fourth offense of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicants, driving a motor vehicle while license is revoked or suspended and default signaling, November 14.
• Bryan Delane Winberry, 37, aka Bryan Berry, of Sinking Creek Road in London – fourth offense of driving a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicants, driving a motor vehicle while license revoked or suspended, second offense, March 12; and persistent first-degree felony offender, with two prior felony convictions in Laurel County.
• Glenna Sue Mills, 57, of Hubbard’s Branch Road in Scalf, KY – first degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to wear a seat belt, June 24.
• Jonathan Michael Garrison, 38, of South Kentucky Avenue in Corbin – first degree possession of a controlled substance (meth) and possession of drug paraphernalia, Sept. 15.
• Billy Michael Jones, 34, of Park Subdivision, London — first-degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), failure to carry required motor vehicle insurance, driving a motor vehicle while license suspended or revoked and driving a vehicle without a license plate, on January 21.
• Ernie Lee Hobbs II, 43, of Mildred Road in McKee, KY – possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, operation of a vehicle without a license plate, reckless driving, signal failure and repeat offender at first degree, February 1. 15.
• Beatrice M. Eversole, 50, aka Beatrice Henson Eversole, from the highway. 1376 East, East Bernstadt – first-degree traffic in controlled substances (meth) and persistent first-degree criminal offender, April 22, 2022.
• Jennifer Lynn Colwell, 42, aka Jennifer Lynn Gross, of Jervis Road, London — program aid fraud from June 1, 2017 to September 30, 2022.
• Timothy W. Buster, 36, of Hanover Drive, London – fourth offense operating a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicants, speeding and reckless driving, on November 23.
• Roy Darrell Burns, 61, of Salem View Road, London — 1st degree trafficking of controlled substances (methamphetamine – 107.9 grams), 3rd degree possession of controlled substances (Xanax, clonazepam and Viagra), possession of paraphernalia of drug use, improper registration plate, failure to sign and first-degree repeat offender, Nov. 10.
• Richard Allen Moore, 34, of Calebs Creek Road in Hinkle, KY—gross non-support of a child from October 1, 2008 to April 2023.
• Jason Adam Wells, 44, of London’s Old State Road, and Richard Marquez, 69, of London’s Broad Street – two counts of conspiracy to first-degree trafficking in controlled substances, on October 22, 2021.
• Daniel Lee Hatfield, 44, of Sandy Hill Road in Barbourville, KY — first degree possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), first degree possession of a controlled substance (hydrocodone) and second degree possession of a controlled substance (buprenorphine), on March 16, 2022.
An indictment is just an accusation and does not imply guilt or innocence. A person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.