Safety and well-being programs ensure that clients have access to ongoing psychosocial support to meet their coping needs and ensure that additional culturally and language-appropriate mental health support services are available. available.
The Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator supports and collaborates with IRC Safety and Wellbeing staff to determine needs, coordinate community outreach, build effective relationships, and identify community resources to Afghan survivors affected by the fighting. The Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator is responsible for developing relationships within the IRC SASIC and Survivor of Torture (SOT) network and external relationships with social service agencies and government entities to expand the role of SASIC programs and SOT from IRC across Arizona.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various local, state and federal social service agencies.
- Develop strategies to further assist in the identification and referral of combat-affected Afghan survivors.
- Coordinate data collection, reporting and evaluation processes in partnership with the IRC and its partners.
- Create and coordinate the SASIC Community Advisory Board.
- Create and update resource lists, flyers, brochures for delivery to clients.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all outreach and training activities to ensure program results and activities are achieved.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate training and outreach efforts of community groups, service providers, law enforcement and vulnerable communities to raise awareness and increase identification of combat-affected Afghan survivors in a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities and fully engage as a member of the team.
- Participate in meetings and ensure close collaboration with all IRC departments, both locally and network-wide.
- Complete established training and participate in weekly consultation and/or supervision.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and protocols, including backup and the IRC Way.
- Other assigned tasks.
Key Working Relationships:
The position reports to: Safety and Wellness Program Manager
Indirect report: Interns/Volunteers
Other internal and/or external contacts: The Safety and Wellbeing Coordinator will be responsible for developing relationships within the IRC SASIC and SOT network and external relationships with social service agencies and government entities to expand the role of IRC SASIC & SOT programs .
Internal: IRC SASIC and SOT programs
External: community partners
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in social work, social services or similar field strongly required. Comparable related work experience may be substituted. Favorite master.
- 2+ years of related work experience; 1 year minimum of work with vulnerable populations.
- Thorough knowledge of human trafficking issues, trends, laws and regulations and understanding of the perspective and needs of victims.
- Experience in case management and/or victim assistance preferred.
- Experience in training and outreach to various audiences.
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
Strong relationship building, diplomacy and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with proven ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
Excellent written and spoken English skills.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent writing and analytical skills.
Public speaking and/or presentation experience preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team with collaborative partners, community and clients in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Computer literate, database experience preferred.
Ability to work independently and be a flexible team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Spanish, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, French or other refugee/immigrant language used in Arizona. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
Certificates or Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation, and the ability to travel regularly within the service delivery area.
- Per Arizona State law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint authorization card.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work and time in the field in the service delivery area to perform the responsibilities outlined above.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to lift 35-50 lbs (furniture, household supplies and food boxes).
Compensation: The salary ranges displayed apply to applicants based in the United States. The ranges are based on a variety of factors, including labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated based on job location, experience, and individual candidate skills against defined job requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination requirements: Consistent with IRC’s obligation to provide and maintain a workplace free from known hazards and our commitment to protect the health of our employees, customers and communities, IRC requires new employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-service or hybrid position. All IRC offices in the United States require full vaccination to attend all office functions (eg meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness: The IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusiveness. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employment-related benefits and privileges. Please contact us to request accommodation.
American Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US statutory holidays, 20-25 paid vacation days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, health care dental starting at $7 per month and vision starting at $5 per month. , FSA for health care and transportation costs, a 403b retirement savings plan with immediately vested consideration, disability and life insurance, and an employee assistance program that is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of mental health crisis and struggles.
How to register
Please apply on our site: